17 Dec 2012

Bye Bye Breadtalk

I will be bidding farewell to my Breadtalk shares soon, having entered this year at 0.495, exiting at the current price of 0.67 gives me a tidy capital gain of $175/lot. More than 30% on principle.

Like most non-robot stock investors, I am affected by the emotionality of the trade. Make money, happy. Lose money, sad. To be unaffected, is a tough job.

Have not hit the sell button yet. The big "what if" question holds me back. What if the transformation in Breadtalk morphs it into a bigger F&B player with integration into the real estate business? Does management have the ability for such a play?

Perhaps?

To sell or not to sell? That is the question. OCBC encourages it, a recent stock report came with a sell call.

What bothers me with Breadtalk is the relatively poor execution of certain brands in their stable. Din Tai Fung seems to be the more successful of its siblings. Icing Room... hmm...
(Image from www.breadtalk.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment